1 tablespoon olive oil
half a white onion, chopped
1/8 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped carrots
1 1/2 cups sliced fresh white mushrooms
1/2 cup white wine, or 1/2 cup low-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
2 1/2 cups low-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
1 cup fat-free half-and-half
2 tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1 cup cooked wild rice
Put olive oil in stockpot and bring to medium heat. Add chopped onion, celery and carrots. Cook until tender. Add mushrooms, white wine and chicken broth. Cover and heat through. In a bowl, blend half-and-half, flour, thyme and pepper. Then stir in cooked wild rice. Pour rice mixture into hot stockpot with vegetables. Cook over medium heat. Stir continually
1 Tbs olive oil
6 oz canned wild, Alaskan salmon (boneless, skinless)
1/4 of a small onion chopped finely
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp dried tarragon
pinch of dried dill
pinch of dried parsley
small squeeze of lemon
2 Tbs bread crumbs or whole wheat flour
Put olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Combine all proceeding ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Stir until all ingredients are well combined. The mixture will feel very wet but not soupy.
Reach into bowl and grab a small handful of the mixture -1/4 cup. Form into a patty and place directly into warmed skillet. Continue until all salmon mixture is used up.
whole wheat pizza dough
2 cups or 1 can of chickpeas
3 Tablespoons water
4 teaspoons lemon juice, or more to taste
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 garlic gloves minced
5 cups chopped fresh spinach, about 10 ounces
2 cups chopped fresh tomato
14 ounce jar or can of artichokes, well drained and chopped
1 teaspoon dried oregano
3/4 cup grated feta or asiago cheese (I used two small handfuls of a cheddar cheese blend, because that’s what I had at the time)
- Prepare your pizza dough.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine chickpeas, water, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and salt into a food processor or high speed blender. Process until completely pureed. Set aside.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add in the garlic and sauté for about 15 seconds and then add in the spinach. Cook spinach for 1 or 2 minutes, until bright green and just wilted. Set aside in a colander to drain.
- Assemble your pizza. Roll out your dough to fit your pizza pan or baking sheet. Transfer dough to pizza pan or baking sheet. Spread chickpea mixture over the dough in one even layer. Sprinkle on remaining ingredients: spinach, tomato, artichokes, oregano, and cheese.