1lb Raw Gulf Shrimp Jumbo 13-15count peeled & deveined, tail on
1lb Andouille Smoked Sausage
6 slices Bacon crumbled (reserve drippings for sauce)
1/3 cup Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 cup Flat leaf Parsley chopped
1/4 cup Green Onion (white parts) chopped
3-4 cloves Garlic
2 Lemons halved
2 Tablespoons any BBQ Rub
16oz Chicken Broth
1 cup Stone Ground Yellow Corn Grits
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese grated fine
1/4 cup Cream Cheese
- Pre-heat grill to medium high heat or 350 degrees.
- Place Andouille Sausage on grill and cook until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees about 30 minutes, turning as needed.
- Heat chicken broth to boil over medium high heat and stir in grits. Reduce heat to low and simmer the grits for 20-30 minutes or until thick, stirring often. Stir in Parmesan and Cream cheese and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Season shrimp on both sides with the BBQ Rub.
- Remove the sausage from the grill and slice in half lengthwise then chop into small pieces.
- Place a cast iron skillet on the grill and add the sausage and 1 Tablespoon of bacon drippings. Brown sausage for 2-3 minutes on all sides.
- Add garlic, parsley, and green onion and sauté for a couple minutes. Add worcestershire and juice from two lemons, stir to combine and melt in the butter a little at a time.
- Place seasoned shrimp on grill for 1 ½ minutes each side. Add shrimp to the iron skillet and toss to coat. Cook the shrimp in the sauce for 1-2 minutes and remove from the grill.
- To serve: Spoon the grits onto a large plate or platter and ladle the shrimp and sauce over the top. Garnish with finely chopped green onion and crumbled bacon.