2 cups peeled and diced butternut or other winter squash
2 cups salsa
14 1/2-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/3 cup crumbled reduced-fat corn tortilla chips
2 cups frozen corn kernels
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 pound bay scallops
1 tablespoon lime juice
Lime wedges for squeezing
- In a large pot over medium-low heat, combine the squash, salsa, broth and tortilla chips. Bring to a simmer, cover the pot and cook until the squash is tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in the corn, oregano and cumin. Return the soup to a simmer, stir in scallops and cook until they are opaque at the center, 2 to 3 minutes more. Stir in the lime juice. Serve with additional lime wedges for squeezing.
1 Tbs olive oil
6 oz canned wild, Alaskan salmon (boneless, skinless)
1/4 of a small onion chopped finely
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp dried tarragon
pinch of dried dill
pinch of dried parsley
small squeeze of lemon
2 Tbs bread crumbs or whole wheat flour
Put olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Combine all proceeding ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Stir until all ingredients are well combined. The mixture will feel very wet but not soupy.
Reach into bowl and grab a small handful of the mixture -1/4 cup. Form into a patty and place directly into warmed skillet. Continue until all salmon mixture is used up.
whole wheat pizza dough
2 cups or 1 can of chickpeas
3 Tablespoons water
4 teaspoons lemon juice, or more to taste
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 garlic gloves minced
5 cups chopped fresh spinach, about 10 ounces
2 cups chopped fresh tomato
14 ounce jar or can of artichokes, well drained and chopped
1 teaspoon dried oregano
3/4 cup grated feta or asiago cheese (I used two small handfuls of a cheddar cheese blend, because that’s what I had at the time)
- Prepare your pizza dough.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine chickpeas, water, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and salt into a food processor or high speed blender. Process until completely pureed. Set aside.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add in the garlic and sauté for about 15 seconds and then add in the spinach. Cook spinach for 1 or 2 minutes, until bright green and just wilted. Set aside in a colander to drain.
- Assemble your pizza. Roll out your dough to fit your pizza pan or baking sheet. Transfer dough to pizza pan or baking sheet. Spread chickpea mixture over the dough in one even layer. Sprinkle on remaining ingredients: spinach, tomato, artichokes, oregano, and cheese.