8 ounces canned crabmeat
4 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon grated ginger
2 cloves garlic, chopped
4 scallions, chopped
1 1/2 cups broccoli slaw
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon Asian chili-garlic paste
1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
14 square spring roll wrappers
1 large egg white
2 tablespoons premade spring roll sauce (in Asian isle)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Add two teaspoons of vegetable oil to nonstick frying pan on medium heat. Mix the ginger, garlic and scallions in pan ; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- With food processor, pulse the broccoli slaw a few times to reduce it’s size. Toss with the ginger mixture in a large bowl. Add the crab, cilantro, chili-garlic paste, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, the soy sauce and vinegar; toss.
- Wrap the spring rolls (see below). Pierce each roll with a skewer in a few places to prevent bursting.
- Mix the remaining 2 teaspoons vegetable oil and 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil; lightly brush on rolls. Place the rolls on baking pan; bake until golden on top, about 15 minutes.
- Serve the warm spring rolls with premade spring roll sauce.
TO WRAP: Lay spring roll wrapper diagonally on a plate with corner or point of wrapper pointed at you. Place a tablespoonful of filling across the center of the wrapper. Leave enough space on the sides for folding.
Fold the corner or point of the wrapper nearest you over the filling. Take one corner (or edge) on the side and fold it inward. Do the same with the opposite side Brush the edges farthest from you with the egg wash. Brush all the outer edges to seal the spring rolls as you roll them. Start rolling the spring roll away from you, rolling as tightly as you can. Keep on rolling until you reach the edges brushed with egg wash.